[AMC-List] Shipping Costs

I have shipped a lot of oversize items in the past few
months since I have been parting out three Ramblers.
John Widiker mentioned Greyhound which has about the
best shipping rates for oversize items.  However, the
buyer must be willing to travel to the Greyhound
terminal to pick up the item.

UPS, Fedex and U.S.Mail all publish the size
limitations for packages on their websites.  To save
all the running around looking for boxes, if I can't
find an appropriately sized box at work, there is a
moving supplies store convenient to me.  The tall lamp
box 14x14x40 works great because you can telescope one
box over another for extra length and only end up with
the box lenght you actually need.  The boxes are $4
each and I charge the customer for them.

I do resent it when someone puts an exorbitant
handling charge in addition to shipping but even I
must recognize that the sender has a right to charge
for his trouble in packaging the item.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA