[AMC-List] Shipping COSTS!!??

Has anyone encountered the cost of shipping something?? I have someone who
wants the grille off of this Matador that I am parting out. Last week I went
to a local bodie shop and found this really bigassedbox. The gille fit and
so did all the rest of the parts this guy wants to purchase. It weighed only
34 pounds and UPS wanted 125 bucks to ship! They said it was the size of the
box. SO.... I found a smaller box but had to make an end cap. The grille
stuck out about 3 inches on one end and I wasnt able to fit any of the other
parts this guy wants. I went back to the same UPS shipping office.....got
the same quote on shipping...125 bucks!! The box went from 34 pounds to 14
pounds and the cost was the same. I went to the post office and they want 85
bucks for a parcel post. Is there any other way to ship?  What am I sapposed
to do?? I dont want to seem like I am scammin' the guy on shipping, but that
is astronomical for shipping. Anyone have any ideas on how to ship somthing
with out paying an outrageous costs? Its got me kind of frustrated to say
the least. Any responce will be greatly appreciated!!

Bill Renshaw Lewiston Idaho
AKA Brother B.
AMC'S RULE.....the rest just drool like the dogs they are.
1973 Gremlin X "clone" (project)
1970 Original Hornet "plain jane"
1974 Matador Coupe "Parts car"