[AMC-List] P is for cars

Props!  To AOL Bill for helping more people see the way to share in the discussion of today's AMC, to TOCM Mike for helping more people see the way to share the documentation of yesterday's AMC, to Frank/Tom/Jim for helping the world see the way to share and search and re-search all the info about AMC that's fit to know, and to anyyone who saw my 4/28 post that once again went AWOL, Happy May 1st.

And to echo another Johnny ("If it don't fit..."): if it can't be read, it won't be writ.

http://www.amxfiles.com/archive/index.cfm?sender=2866

Does intermittent ignition cause intermittent censure?

Get out your test equipment; the AMC car needs fixin'.

Proposal!  To Nick for helping make more money to spend on AMC cars: the '56 Chevy wagon, even with four, not two doors, could prove you smart at time of resale.  Or at least tide you over until (if?) AMC wagons become valuable as well.

Proof!  For Frank and American Motors Corp. frequent flyers and wingmen:

>>The door beams were required around 73 or 74.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/regrev/Evaluate/806314.html

Proof!  Aus Wolfgang and his American car colleagues around Deutschland:

http://americanmuscle.de/06/loerrach/zz6_img_2200.html
http://americanmuscle.de/06/loerrach/zz6_img_2242.html

you may get factory headlight washers on your C6 Z06s

http://americanmuscle.de/06/loerrach/zz6_img_2109.html

(and we can't even opt; are we driving that dirty now),

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/features/

you may put top tips on your Chevy exhausts, curb alarms on your red (or yellow cab) Cadillacs (if not on your mellow yellow Imperials), and even Riv-eal a "rare" Buick

http://americanmuscle.de/06/loerrach/zz6_img_2201.html

that recalls a Caddy in a recently-closed local art show

http://tinyurl.com/zs7lw

http://magart.rochester.edu/VieO13831$30803*2324591

(then, Cadillac art was nothing without Nash art [click "One-Eyed"])

http://www.artcaragency.com/showcase.php?cat=conceptual_sculptural#

but, while you may keep your horned Jeeps and creative-clad Corvettes, you may send your Avanti, Barracuda, RS-SS and even Squarebird (never -beautiful-, but condition is) home if you care to.  You can send every late-'60s AMC convertible home for a full resto.  Despite what it cost AMC to try to succeed by moving upsize and up-market (if one only reads AMC history by Pat Foster, one might believe that tooling the "big" cars --- the convertibles and the '67 Marlin --- along with the '74 Matador coupe (plus the '75 Pacer) was all that doomed AMC to death [he's loath to admit that AMC could've died on a Gremlin-Hornet-Eagle diet also...], but, nonetheless, few ragtops by any maker ever stacked their fabric so well.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9783/13ra.jpg

If it were a Chevy or a Pontiac, it could be a $100k car someday.  As an AMC, it should be even more valuable.  As reality, no one really knows.

Proof?  From John and his Carefree Cactus Cruiser coterie in Cave Creek:

As far as the weight of the car door goes half
the weight of a Pacer is in both front doors.

And the other half is in the windshield, since the Wankel was so light?  And a Pacer with a moon roof will roll over under water to float like a glass-bottomed boat?  Was a Pacer what Wagner wanted to haul up [P37] Sun Gold?

http://tinyurl.com/lfxx6

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/3925771123.03._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

(which would make a fine shine re-paint on the black '67 Ambassador DPL!)

It's magic.  It's Marmon.  It's a Leitmotif.  It's a laugh-out-loud post.

http://www.apgrd.ox.ac.uk/events/images/goldhill.jpg

May 1, 1926 was indeed the day that Ajax magically became Nash and it was more than just another swap-n-sell Ring on the AMC family tree, but since one of my Rhine maidens had wrist surgery and is not yet back at work, I'm drowning in "to-do" today, so must type it in another post --- IF this one lists correctly.  If, like a boat with an untended leak, it lists -again-, I'll just let it sink.  You can dredge for it from a Pacer someday and spear it with a Karmann Jav.

If anyone found all the nuggets in this post, I'll buy you a -pig- in Bayreuth.  Just not a ticket to the opera.  I've still got good old Rambler Mentality!

http://www.funsch.de/Deutsch/Marzipan/marzipan.html