[AMC-List] Picked up a new project

yesterday I went to a huge farm auction and in the
barn were a few cars and trucks.  Some of which in my
opinion were not anything to be excited about like a
late 70s L82 Corvette that looked like the guy jumped
it Dukes of Hazard style.  The whole front nose was
all out of wack, frame looked to be bent bad, the
paint was terrible, cracks in the gelcoat, interior
was beat yet some guy bid up to $4200 for it just
because it was a Corvette.  No one even knew for sure
what year it was.  Guys were saying anywhere from a
71(any car guys knows the difference between an early
70s and a late 70s vette)to an 82. Any way, the one
that caught my eye was a 1942 1&1/2 ton Chevy Dual
rear wheel truck.  The truck is very solid and was one
that was made right at the start of the war and held
over until it was delivered in Aug of 43.  It only has
50,000 original miles on it and it runs and drives.  I
have never ventured out into the old truck market so
this one is new to me.  I will have to do some
research on it. As far as AMC content goes, I have
always wanted to put an AMC engine in a Chevy vehicle.
 This one just might get that transplant if I decide
to go the street rod route with it.  I would love to
see the look on a Chevy guys face when I tell him it
has an AMC 401 in it.

There was also a 1923 Model T Speedster there.  It
sold for $4100, a Model A, 56 Chevy wagon and a 65
Mustang convertible.

Nick Alfano
Alfano Performance
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-942-8271 after 6pm Central and weekends
262-308-1302