[AMC-List] Seat Covers 1970 buckets

I don't have the plastic shells for the buckets on my 70 Ambo, they were long gone before I bought the car.  I am looking for a low cost recover on the seats and will be removing the cheesy carpet that was glued onto the back of the bucket seats by the previous owner.  Has anyone successfully upholstered over the back (where the shell was)?  Has anyone used Autocraft seatcovers on 1970 buckets?

John
70 Ambo SST