Re: [AMC-List] Wiper switch needed

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 11:12, markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> They are indeed Ford souced. what you have to look for is to make sure
> the shaft and mounting match up. IIRC the plug in on the back is the
> same clear back to at least 73. Only difference in electrics is with
> or without delay wipers. Delay is just an add-on box that plugs in
> series between the delay switch and the harness.

Actually, the switch assmebly is quite different between delay and
non-delay... first, there's the delay pot reach by turning left from OFF
that's obviously not there on the non-delays, but also, the plug that
mates to the back of the switch is subtly different and won't
interchange -- you need a delay-wiper connector to match the delay-wiper
control. They look almost the same though; just one blocking lug moved.