Re: [AMC-List] Showing at WPC Show?

Bob
SNIP
What's the current thinking (and experience) on this list about
participating in Mopar shows?

I'm considering bringing my '68 Ambassador to the Walter P. Chrysler
show
in Elmhurst, IL. next Sunday.  It's no award-winner or 10-point
restoration, but it's been rebuilt and restored to good condition...and
it's spring, and I'd like to start hitting a show or two in the
Chicagoland
area.
SNIP

>From where I sit, go and have a good time.
 I have been showing at MOPAR shows for over 15 years now. I spent 3
years as the news letter editor for the WPC club here in Phoenix and I
am a current contributor to MOPARS Unlimited monthly news letter of
which I am a member and a contributor to ALLPAR.
WPC club recognizes AMC cars nationally with their own classes. Locally
may be another story due to lack of attendance but there generally is an
open class that an AMC car will qualify for. That is true for most local
Chrysler clubs that I am aware of at local levels.
Of course there is always the possibility of running across some form of
a narrow minded jerk at a MOPAR show that, due to lack of education will
try to give you a hard time but then again you do not have to go very
far from this list to find examples of that at times. Owning an AMC car
usually is enough of a qualification to deal with those circumstances as
they arrive. 'Sides it makes good story telling.
I have yet to take an AMC car to a MOPAR show that has not placed in
judging even in heavily contested OPEN classes.
Remember we are all motor heads and have something in common somewhere.
John