Re: [AMC-List] showing at wpc show

Bob Fratini asked:
"I know that Chrysler corporate was no friend (to put it mildly) to AMC'ers
in the way they handled the takeover of AMC and the closing of the Kenosha
plant.  But I'm more curious about the current reception/attitude among
Mopar hobbyists towards AMCs.

Advice and experiences are welcome; flames re-hashing Chrysler's crimes
against AMC are not.  Thanks!"

I still would like to hang Iococca by his pelotas. Other than that by all
means go! The Mopar people are a good group, and many have welcomed AMCers
with open arms to their shows and meets. Several reasons behind that; one is
that we are in the 'family' now and the more the merrier. Sort of like
Olsmobiles and Plymouths being welcomed to Orphan Car shows and meets. I
believe the other reason (and I'm sure some will comment on this) is that
many meets and shows are taking a beating with high gas prices. Trailered
showcars, race cars, even drivers, people are sticking to shows and meets
closer to home and that is if they go at all. I was at a local Houston
cruise night the other night and this was brought up by several fellows who
we were standing around talking; just could not afford the distance with gas
prices rising daily. So if you have a chance to go, please do, it will be a
really fun experience.

Since you mention Chicagoland area, why not get ahold of Windy City AMC club
and see if any of their members would like to hook up and park as a group?
 http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=wcrambleramc
nothing like parking a slew of AMCs together to make good impression on the
Mopar folks.......

There is also the NAMDRA aMC Nationals September 14-16 in Corboda, IL,
outside Chicago; contact Jock  at 262-843-4326 although he is a frequent
contributor on here also; and a few weeks before that you have the AMO
National meet over in Dayton, OH July 27-29th
www.amonational.com for info.

Jock, get ya'lls website up and going before I have to fly up there and slap
you with a Pacer weatherstrip. Passenger side door. You know, the larger
side! I saw this and looks like a squatter:
http://www.namdra.com/

Good luck at the meet and enjoy yourself you will be glad you went. I may
add some of these Mopar shows like here in Houston
http://www.houstonmopars.org/
Also have AMC classes.

And for those of ya'll who might not get to far away meets, check out many
of the
area and regional meets happening this summer that might need support, even
mixed make shows.

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825