Re: [AMC-List] AOL

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 06:52, Rml0008@xxxxxxx wrote:
" > Are other members having trouble with AOL delivering their AMC list
" > mail?
"
" AOL has blocked all mail from my server; they make smallish servers like
" mine meet a higher, near-impossible standard. No spam or virus has ever
" issued from here. When we moved the list there were a number of defunct
" AOL email addresses (people who had signed up then disappeared) and they
" blocked us. (The complainers didn't help.)
"
" It's part of a larger corporate takeover of the internet; Verizon, AOL
" and others are talking openly about charging sites to deliver bits into
" "their" customers (eg. you). We're too small to do that, so it will kill
" off small sites and force them to move websites, mailing lists, etc to
" the larger service providers, like (surprise!) AOL, which is the real
" intent; hey, nothing personal, just profiteering.
"
" Think I sound crazy? Wait five years and ask again. The internet is
" completely unregulated, and this is the obvious result.

moveon.org has waded into this battle.  i wouldn't have mentioned it,
but now that others have raised the issue, you can see their position
at: http://civic.moveon.org/alerts/savetheinternet.html

it includes a hotlink to the page where you can add your name to their
petition.  i'll warn you though, you'll be silently added to moveon's
email list; you'll then have to jump through an additional hoop to
unsub yourself if that's what you want.

i'm still able to send to aol at present.  i signed it.