[AMC-List] IMPORTANT FOR ALL AOL, YAHOO,and HOTMAIL ACCOUNT USERS!!!

[AMC-List] IMPORTANT FOR ALL AOL, YAHOO,and HOTMAIL ACCOUNT USERS!!!

Remember those people who complained loudly when the list changed servers, the ones that forgot they had ever subscribed? It seems that 3-4 days of getting the relatively few mail messages (no more than 30 in one day, and most of those were messages they generated with "get me off" messages sent to the list) was to much for them. A few apparently complained to AOL and Yahoo (which owns Hotmail) before Tom and I could delete them. Both AOL and Yahoo have a heavy handed way of dealing with complaints -- they block the server. The result is because of a few complaints no one using those mail systems can get list mail. Several members with AOL and Yahoo/hotmail addresses have recently complained about not being able to post mail either through e-mail or the web site. The reason is AOL and HYahoo/hotmail is blocking the site.

Tom and I have sent explanations to AOL and Yahoo. Both sent us forms to fill out to allow mail to go through. The Yahoo form will be sent in shortly, and might go through. AOL has told us to "resubmit in 30 days". This is likely so they can monitor traffic from the list server.

If you are with AOL or Yahoo/hotmail DO NOT resubscribe at this time with an AOL, Yahoo, or hotmail account. The server will try to send you a confirmation message four times then unsubscribe you after it bounces four times. These four tries might be seen as spam attempts by AOL or Yahoo.

What you CAN do is report the problem of not being able te receive mail or sign up to the list to AOL/Yahoo/hotmail. If enough users complain (provided any see this!) they should relent and let the messages through. In the meantime, try another e-mnail account such as a free g-mail account or another ISP. This may be a good time to consider a "real" ISP instead of a captive system. Other ISPs would allow individual users to block mail or just block the address for the complaining user.

I'll repeat this message in a few days to give more people the opportunity to read it on the web site since it's not going out to AOL/Yahoo/hotmail account holders.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE ON THE LIST

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent