Re: [gremlintime]Gremlin go-karts...factory item...

Re: [gremlintime]Gremlin go-karts...factory item...

Er... I'm not so sure about your last statment. Gremlintime still has the most
members according to the Yahoo membership list. I have noticed a big drop
in postings too. I figure all you have to do is say something like......mmm..the
PT Crusier is the modern AMC Gremlin and then you with get some feed
back. JUST KIDDING. I'm not sure where the moderator is but I figure he as
well as everyone else is probably busy with stuff. Well since no one else is
posting I will give a progress report on my Gremmie. I got the 258 motor in
and bolted up. It's not running yet. As soon as the wheather warms up enough
I will be hooking up new hoses and wires as well as adding nice spanking
new two barrel carb to da motor. This summer the plan is to get the
mechanics completely worked over and then begin fixing the body. Perhaps
by fall I can be applying a nice new shiney coat of minty fresh green paint.
I reworked a graphic I copied from the roof of a Hot Wheels Gremlin Grinder. I
plan to have a vinyl graphic cut from it and have it applied to the roof of
Double Mint Gremmie. My very own big Gremlin Grinder minus the big mill
sticking through da hood. I also found a company that makes factory replicas
of the stripe decals for Gremlins.
I decided to apply the '77 model side stripe, the kinda funky double swoosh
one. I know everyone thinks it is the most ugly stripe they made, but it
happens to be my favorite stripe. The stripe will probably have to be altered a
little bit because the front fenders on the '77's are shorter and styled different.
Luckily I happen to do graphics for a living and could actually remake the front
stripe to fit the '76 fenders. When all is said and done I should be finished with
it.........mmmmeh.. about 2050. Then my grandchildren can drive after they put
me in an assisted living astablishment. tee hee.