Double mint gremmie

I got to work a little bit more on my Gremlin this
past Sunday. Converting from a Jeep Cherokee to a
Gremlin I am finding is quite a project. Lucky for me
I have lots-o-parts. I accidentally bend the Jeep fan
blades and the other grem motor fan blades in the
transplant, so I located the fan off of my parts '76
Grem. It's a real funky aluminum bladed fan. I figured
it must be because of the AC? It looks to be a real
air mover! At any rate it fits to a tee and looks
cool(no pun intended). I also found that the automatic
tranny linkages won't hook up because the Jeep was a
manual vehicle, but not ot worry, just so happens I
have the linkage hook up thingy off the other motor.
Other things that I'm figuring out is the whole vaccum
hose stuff. The Jeep had far more hoses than the Grem
did. I eliminated a lot of them (envirnmentalists plug
your ears) I by-passed the air pollution stuff all
together. I ran the distibuter vac hose right to the
base of the Carb. I also took the large hose from the
back of the carb and ran it directly to the valve
cover. It originally "T"ed from the valve cover to god
knows where. I'm still trying to figure out where the
hose should go to the EGR valve on the manifold. I
know where it originally went but with the new mods
I'm not sure that is the best place to put it back. It
was connected to a wad of two hoses and ran to a port
at the front, drivers side of the engine block. Should
I block one port and connect the hose to the other or,
run it to another vaccum port all together? I have yet
to remove the power brake port and replace it with one
for a non power brake vehicle. I did check to see if I
could put the power brake unit in the car, but quite
frankly it would never fit. Then I get to deal with
the wires. Why is it in most every Gremlin I get the
wires have been snipped and twisted back on? At any
rate I need to do some sodering. I hope it runs after
all this!
Later, Kevin