BMP - Good bye all !

Hello,

Before I hit the un-subscribe button I just wanted to say thank you to the
site owner and the people who volunteered to moniter the site. I just sold my
1970 Gremlin that I bought new when I was a teenager and owned ever since. The
car was special in the fact that they only made 872 Two passenger Gremlins in
1970 and the car was one of the first made that year. It is going to a good
home in PA where it will become part of a Gremlin "herd" of Gremlins representing
every year and eavery type. I'm very pleased with that.

I know a lot of you are freaking out at the fact someone would sell a car
after having it for almost thirty four years. To tell the truth, the car was
becoming to much a part of my identity even when I didn't do anything to promped
it. Somehow it came up in conversation either positive or negative. I don't
like being identified or having my personality attached to anything. I was
begining to feel like a Star Trek "Treky".

As much as I love the car and my motives were simple, (I liked having an old
car and especially the fact it had been with me through so much of my life) I
started not to like the identity. If any one of you have ever gone through
extreme changes in your life you know some things attached to your identity have
got to go.

I know alot of you are going to think well this guy went off the deep end or
he's really not a true "Gremie". Let me tell you this. You would be hard
pressed to find someone who has owned one (and the same one for that matter )
longer than I have. Secondly, I'm exercising the same radical freedom of selling it
as I had when I bought it.

I don't want my life centered on a product of AMC, Chevy, Harley Davidson or
"Hot Pockets " for that matter. It really eats up the freedom of who you can
really be. I have "morphed" and reinvented myself many times in my life, its
all about transitions. Just watch the movie "catch me if you can"! As much as I
loved that car I love my freedom more! Its exillerating!!!!

God bless,
Bruce Michael Pope (BMP)