Re: Chevlins

I was told that a lot of those hinges go bad, luckily mine are still
good. As far as the Chevy war goes, I never did want to get anyone
stirred up. I figure its the car owners hard earned money going into
the car, so it should be there decision. If my ride came with a AMC
V8 I would have gladly used it. I know AMC made kick ass motors with
quality stuff, but I had a running sbc and tranny and I make barely
enuff to afford the gas for my ride, so instead of going thru the
hassle I used my engine. I lucked into a solid, rust free body with
mine. Great grill, all lights work, solid dash, headliner and
everything. Interior needs some attention, but thats easy. Good luck
with everyones ride. Rod

In gremlintime@xxxx, "grinding_gremlin" <grinding_gremlin@xxxx>
wrote:
> I don't want to get into the fight over Chev motors in Gremlins. I
do like Chevs, I think the only
> way I would probably mix the two is if there were no AMC motors
available to instal in my
> Gremmie. I myself perfer Pure AMC in my car, But then I am a big
originality buff. If you want
> to get technical I like my Gremlins any way I can get them.
Different motor or not. Most the cars I
> have been finding these days have been motorless and pretty well in
taters. Out of the seven I
> have found only three are saveable. The rest are pretty well junk.
The thing that bothered me
> the most I think is how previous owners tried to fix the door hinge
problem. I have three(parts
> cars) that have had the pin on the door post removed and then
reattached(welded) lower than it
> should be. Talk about a though thing to put back the way it was!!!!
The cars I have with this
> problem I never attempted to repair because the were just too far
gone to save(sniffle) .
> At any rate the proper way to fix the problem is to replace the
hinge pins and grommits. I did to
> my Purple beast and the doors shut perfect now. I bought my Pins
at the Chrysler dealership.