Re: [gremlintime] Digest Number 396

Hi Gremlinites! I am up near Toronto Canada and I have a '71 Gremlin
with a 258,dual headers, Holley 4-barrel, sunroof, a cool looking air
dam below the front bumper, and Cragar wheels (14 inch 60's in the back
and 70's in the front). The rear end is slightly raised and it is the
coolest looking car on the planet! The previous owner used to race it in
the 6 cylinder class and I don't know what's inside this engine but it's
FAST! I meen scary fast. The body is just a little hurtin but I have a
line on a '70 with very little rust and a nice interior. I want to
combine the best of both cars, put in a 4-speed T-10, paint it AMC "Wild
Plum Metallic" (purple) and install gold "X" stripes which I already
have. My first car was a "72" and I had enough adventures in that car to
write several books. The 1970's were a magic time to be a teenager!

I praise ALL of you who have the guts to hail the car you REALLY love
and not jump on the "classic" car bandwagons. These are all great cars
but they are everywhere. GREMLINS are just as much, if not more, a piece
of history. They were up against "Pinto's and Vega's", which were both
mechanical shitboxes, and yet the Gremlin was RELIABLE and looked cool.
You could also put any wheels or engine you wanted on it and it would
fit. It was the classic high school kid with little money Hot Rod! You
could drive it for years without changing the oil! Everyone asked me
where the Trunk was, but it's funny how, just a short time later, half
the cars on the road were hatchbacks. AMC had BALLS (sorry girls)and
broke the ice. They came out with something different when those other
manufacturers were just making bigger or smaller (ugly) versions of the
same old thing. Gremlins ARE unique, they are just not "stylish" (a word
I hate).

Put a Gremlin next to an "AZTEC" (barf) and the beauty will jump out at
any one!

Gotta go. This is just an intro. A***M***C, YEAH!!! (don't worry Bart,
eventually, I will put a 401, 501, 601, or the hard to find... 901 into
my "Chick Magnet". Just rest assured it will be an AMC!)

Ken

gremlin_ken