Re: Welcome, Leo! Rear window glass/hatch...

Re: Welcome, Leo! Rear window glass/hatch...

 Leo, do you have the hinges on the car for the glass? As it's a flat
piece of glass, getting one made wouldn't be too difficult, but you'd need
the glass drilled for the hinges and latch, and of course finding a latch
would probably be the hardest part. I have 5 pre-77 Gremlins, and 2 '78
Gremlin GTs. The '77-78 hatch glass is not interchangeable with the earlier
ones, HOWEVER...upon looking at my '74, the lower hatch catch is virtually
identical to the one on my '78, although the outer lift handle is a different
design, they both bolt thru the glass, and the latch itself is the same,
whereas on the '72, it looks like it's part of the stainless trim, and is
designed different. So, if you can find a '74 and later glass hatch, you can
use the lower latch assembly to replace the (missing?) one on your '77.
Unfortuntely, I don't have any spare parts for either of mine, I was going to
part out one of the '78's, but a guy wants to buy the whole thing, so I'm
saving it at the moment. I'll see if I can find one, though. I have a few
resources I can check thru. AMC ya,

Jerry