Update on wrecked 75 gremlin

Got the call from Mercury Insurance. They are offering my son $1081 to total
his car. The only good news is that he can keep the car, no charge. I guess
I will start looking into parts and such.
Will jeep engines just drop in, or does it take a lot of shoe-horning to get
them to fit (fabrication, moving mounts). I still don't know why this engine
is gutless and won't idle right. Can't get it to smog until then. If I can
find somewhere to keep it, I might take it off him if he no longer wants it.
Because of the body damage, it won't be a show car (unless someone with more
resources then I). Maybe If I keep it, I just save it as a parts car, then,
after I find a 73 Grem X, I let it go. Although a 80+ Eagle 4x4 would be
very nice.
Oh well, all speculation at this point. Have one more test to go for MCSE
certification, then looking for a job. No time, money, or place to work on
it yet.
Having Gremlining to those who can,
Ken