Re: [gremlintime] Kenosha 2002

BMP--Try www.arentallshop.com/amc/index.htm and click on VIN Info.. If youalready have this sorry I butted in.
Smith

>>> <ecurbpope@xxxx> 08/04/01 09:33PM >>>
Thanks Gary,

I'm glad you gave me the info. I combed through my VIN # a couple of weeks
ago and found that my "70" is Kenosha built. Believe it or not , some were
made in Canada. I have a 1971 Technical manual that spells things out pretty
clear. I would however like to decipher the manufacturing sequence at the end
of the VIN #. I cant tell if the number represents a cumulation of cars made(
Javelins, AmbassedorsSP?) or if it represents the running serial #'s for a
particular model. I have a two passenger "bare bones" "70" . The back window
is solid in that it doesn't open up and it's a three on the tree with vacuum
fuel pump and wipers (199 CID). I know only 800+ were made in 1970. I'm sure
I bought mine early after April. I'm trying to find out which out of the 800
it is.

Again, thanks Gary. Ever since I found this site I've learned so much. I''ve
had my Gremlin for thirty-one years now and am really enjoying learning more
about it.

Thanks again,
BMP

Community email addresses:
Post message: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe: gremlintime-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/gremlintime
Gremlintime(Home of the AMC Gremlin on the WWW):
http://www.geocities.com/gremlintime