dust shield found!!!

Good news, a salvage yard is sending ($22 later total) a dust shield for the 258 distributor. All is not over, but this should be a significant step towards driving the gremlin again. Still have to pass smog (still required in this state (CA). Although passed, they never enacted (i don't understand how either) the 25 yr rule. Supposedly they are, or already have enacted a 30yr rule. I will try to find out more as time goes on.
Now looking for both front side marker lites (amber). No hurry, they work, but most of the amber lens is gone. Also need to get bushings for the drivers door hinge and eventually door and hatch gaskets. But sooner then that, the bucket seats.
Oh well, always something.
Ken