Re: [gremlintime] Digest Number 282

Hello new daddy,

It depends on what kind of bird you have found whether or not
you feed it worms. Not all birds eat worms. Robins are the best known
to do so. Little babies usually have a mixture of cornmeal, oats, bread
crumbs and some dry cat food for vitamins. Naturally you have to grind
all of this up to make a fine mixture. Then put a little water with some and
feed the little fella from a small spoon. Be sure that it swallows it down
before you give more. I have raised many baby birds in my life time and
find that they take a lot of TLC. Usually little birds have to be kept warm
and fed every two hours. So you see you have a project ahead of you.
First determine what kind of bird it is and take it from there. I hope you
have
as much fun raising it as I have had in the past. Usually if it survives 48
hours
it will survive with your care. Good luck to the new parent.
Gremlin Grammie
1976 Green Gremlin