1971 Gremlin Hello from Minnesota

Hello from a new person to this list of Gremlin folks. I found my
Gremlin April 1 this year. Red with white stripes, 232 automatic,
power steering, roof rack, air deflector. My first Gremlin was a
1972
Gremlin purchased new in 1972 while in school and driven for five
years, sold, and missed.
My 1971 red Gremlin has a hornet steering wheel and someone told me
the factory put on whatever was available at the tail end of the
year's run. But the VIN is A1A465E136983. If my reading is correct,
mine was the 36,983 Gremlin made out of 76,908 6cyl. made in 1971.
It
has only 63,000 miles on it so I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts
why the hornet steering wheel?
Also any thoughts, or source material, on survivability of various
models. Or--how many Gremlins are left on this earth?
Production for 1970 through 1978 was 671,475 total, how many may be
left on the road? Anyone figured this out? If I'm plowing the same
ground someone else has on this, please forgive me, I'm new to the
list.