Re: [gremlintime] At last

In a message dated 4/19/00 8:03:58 AM SA Pacific Standard Time,
blair.macdougall@xxxx writes:

<< Hi all
Gremlin Grandma (blair.macdougall@xxxx)
Well it was finnally nice to hear that this group is still alive.
There had been no news since April 4 and I was beginning
to think that we were off the map.

Well I want to tell you all about my little confrontation with a Datsun.
One morning I decided that I wanted to buy some pansies, so I got
my little Gremlin out of the garage and off I went to the store. Well,
I got the pansies and started home. I came to a red light and in our
state you can turn on the RED light if nothing is coming. I stopped as
you should do before turning and the arrow was green for a left turn
across the road. I waited and then made a right turn on red, well first
thing I knew I looked up and this person instead of going in the lane
next to me should cut right in front of me and my bumper caught her
rear wheel with an BANG. All I could think of was there goes my little
Gremlin. Would you believe that I pushed in her rear wheel and she
had to have her car towed. All my green Gremlin received was a scratch
on the bumper. So guys do not throw away those steel bumpers if you
are redesigning your cars. They are life savers. The officer did not give
me or her a ticket, just gave a verbal warning to both of us. She was not
a happy camper as the saying goes. She was very rude to me and was
upset that the officer did not issue me a ticket, but he said we were both
at fault. My happy little Gremlin is resting from her ordeal.

Happy Easter to All,
Gremlin Grandma >>

well late last year me and my gremonster were involved in a police chase,see
i drove my 73 up to the store up the road from me to get some 93 for her and
when i went to fire her up again the battery was dead,so i had to get jumped
off and it was a hot one that day in South Fl. so i was mad and plum forgot i
was in a lil gremmie with a beefed up 343 V8 and after i stomped the gas i
lit up the rear tires all the way across the road right in front of a cop. so
i'm all the way in front of my house and tunred in and had the grem shut off
and here come s this cop car screamin past me and double backs and pulls in
my driveway and he gets out and starts yellin at me then literally frothin at
the mouth askin me if i have the tags and insurance for my ride,well i broke
his heart and had all the right paperwork heh heh heeeh and he issued me a
warnin cuz umm he ses hes buildin him a 383 stroker chevy S 10"well lawdyy
freakin da"so i have a souvenir that i had laminated of my warning and it sez
73 gremlin cited for "racing on roadway" LOL Thats my lil story,to all you
V8 grem owners,make damn sure you realize yer in a squirrly lil car and not
some ho hum regular car LOL
Big BADASS Bart
73 Gremlin 343/727