' 401 ' with HEADERS

Matt, I have a 72 with a ' 401 ' in it and I have to tell you that if
you plan to put the car on the road for street drivin', the tube type
aftermarket headers will hang very low to the ground. You will have
about 2-1/2 to 3" of clearence. I had a set of HOOKER headers on my car
and with the dual exhaust system, I was bottoming out on pot holes and
dips in the road. When I ripped the flange off, ( pot hole ) I went back
to the stock ' 401 ' cast iron headers and solved many problems. The
dog-leg ports of the ' 401 ' headers flow almost as well as the tube
type, and you won't have to worry about bottoming out! Also, headers
will hit the steering box and dent the hell out of them! I had to put a
chain from the block to the frame to keep the motor from pullin' up,
LOT'S of TORQUE !!!
Well, that's i't, I hope my info was useful!