Long term owner --how I got my gremlin

I got the car from a high school classmates father-he wouldn't let
his 2 sons have the car because it was to fast for them-the older boy
wrecked the car then it sat for 5 years before I got the car in 1985-
so it has been sitting for 20 years now but Before I got the car I
got to drive it 1 time and I loved it I guess I have loved this car
since I laid my eyes on the car in 1980....
the price of the car was a lawn mower which was free&25dollars!!!!!!!
When I got the car I did not have the money to fix the car up so I
just hung on to it all these years...I plan to start on it this
year...-hopefully!!!