Re: 401 GREMLIN

In a message dated 2/27/00 10:49:31 AM SA Pacific Standard Time,
sbacho@xxxx writes:

<< From: sbacho@xxxx

Hi,
I live in New Jersey, am 56 yrs. old, and the owner of a ' 1972
Gremlin X '. The car has been off the road for about six yrs. When I
bought the car new I ordered everything the ' X ' package had to offer
and more. I grew up during the street racing era and horsepower was in
big demand! So, by reading magazines and articles from the hot rodders
of the day, I swapped the ' 304 ' for a ' 401 ' from a 73' Javalin AMX
and changed the three speed trans for a Borg-Warner 4-speed trans. the
rear-end was left standard ( the ' X ' package that yr. had a Chrysler 8
7/8" unit with 3:54 posi gears ) that was strong enough for the brute
power that this combination provided.
My question is this, I loved this car and had lots of fun driving it,
so, should I make it road worthy again? It's not good on gas, but I
would only use it pleasure cruises. It needs paint and new brakes and
other minor repairs, but i was wondering what its worth?, and if it's a
project that I should continue on?
Any comments would be welcome!

Steve

Hell yes make her road worthy,just think of all the fun it will be cruisin
with yer bad ass gremlin on the streets and embarrasing them 5.0 guys and
camaro's
Bart Mangrum
73 Javelin(Project)