Gremlins, pintos and vegas

In a message dated 9/5/2003 1:12:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Thought I'd try my hand at posting to the group. I've been an AMC
> owner for over 15 years, and have had a few of them. I've always
> liked Gremlins even when they were first introduced in 1970. I was
> only 9 years old but I liked the style. I tried to get my dad to buy
> one late in '70 but he came home with a Pinto. Oh well... least it
> wasn't a Vega!!

:X

I love vega's!! I have a 1970 AMC Gremlin and a 1979 pinto wagan and a 1980
pinto wagan.

You should see the look on peoples faces when they see my 1980 pinto wagan..
I spray painted it that dull camo green. Popped all the emblems off of it.
Painted the fenders and grill black..
Then I got the emblems off a jeep grand cherokee 4x4. I glued the two
cherokee emblems on either side in front and the 4x4 emblem on the back lift gate!!
People have actually asked me if it was four wheel drive!! OMG.. I just
laugh..
I am a cherokee indian and that is why I put the cherokee emblems on it.. It
is so cute!!

I do love my 1970 Gremlin. I have always wanted one and this is in such great
shape. The dashboard is perfect. No cracks, nothing missing, everything
works, etc. The interior is good. I dont like the red but thats life!!
My gremlin is black with the red stripe and red interior.

Rebecca