Re: [gremlintime] 401-727 transmission

KNSREP@xxxx writes:

> Does anyone have any experience with the 727 trans? I was wondering
> what to look for, is the bell housing amc only on the model that will
> fit my 401? Is any 727 going to work? Any help would be a great help.
> Has any one tried to locate any dust shields for front disc brakes or
> can I run without them? Does anyone have a source for all the front
> end bushings? Thanks for any help you might have.
> Mark
> 71 232 converting to 401

all 72-91 AMC V8s used Mopar 727s buut they had the AMC style bellhousing so
no 727 that was used on a Mopar engine will work,the internals are the same
but the bellhousing isn't,and as for the dust shields, their not nessesary if
you plan on just takin your gremlin for an occational cruise or the strip but
if you plan on driving your gremlin alot i'd use them,me i don't use them my
gremlin is just a toy not transportation,Hope i helped
Bart M.
73 Gremlin 360/T10