Re: [gremlintime] Re: 2-seater Gremlins....LATE '69 ??!!

Re: [gremlintime] Re: 2-seater Gremlins....LATE '69 ??!!

I have to agree with Jerry,

All the articles I have read say the car came out in April Fools Day in 1970.
The first time I saw one was at a car wash in Brunswick Ohio. I remember how
(pleasently) shocked I was by the out of the ordinary design. I actually
turned to my younger brother and mentioned the car must be from a Soviet bloc
country. The design of the car was so different than anything on the road at
the time.

I'm sure most of you know the Gremlin came out to compete directly with the
Volkswagen Bettle. Now that I think of it. Two seater Gremlins are rare (800
+) made in 1970) but when is the last time you saw a 1970 Volkswagen. I'd say
the Gremlins won hands down. Now that the Beetles are back in force and most
of the car companies are going "retro", how about a 2004 Gremlin!

BMP