Re: 2-passenger Gremlins - 2nd-hand info....

Re: 2-passenger Gremlins - 2nd-hand info....

 I used to bowl with a lady in the '90s who said she'd owned two Gremlins,
and both had the non-functional rear hatch, just glass, and no rear seat. She
said she LOVED those cars, and really missed them. This was back when they
were new, and I probably didn't even know what an AMC was at that time, and I
probably wasn't even driving then. :) Anyway, I do know they were bought by
individuals, at least one that I know of, and as far as cost, well, I don't
think they'd pull them from the assembly line to de-build them. They just
wouldn't add rear seats, wouldn't drill the roof for hatch hinges, and would
just install the plain glass. Doesn't seem like rocket science to ME. Can't
see where the extra cost would be. Same for a plain-jane car vs. an optioned
out car going down the assembly line, gotta spend more time installing extras
than NOT installing things, so I don't see how it could cost MORE to do LESS.
Doesn't make sense, really. But, I wasn't on the assembly line, either. :D
Wish I'd seen it , though!

Jerry in Virginia