Re: [gremlintime] '73 Gremlin X V-8 f/s

Sounds good so far Joey. You might have to actually REAL Mail me a couple of
Polaroids or something. My computer has memory problems at times (like Me).
Too many users and not enough competent resource management at times. I had a
deal in the works to sell the ' 72 Vega but if there is a Gremlin coming my
way I'll have to keep both the Vega and the Pinto as I've had a spot
reserved inbetween them for some time marked Gremlin Parking Only! I also
have a ' 73 Mercury Capri. Well two of the Capris actually. If all goes well
the very clean 2.0 liter 4spd with the dead motor in it but a fresh motor on
the engine stand will leave here shortly as is for........$1,000.00!!!!!!!!!
I told the prospective buyer; who really wants just the motor, that it all
has to go together or not at all. If I get the fresh motor installed before
he comes back with CASH the price goes up to $2,000.00 obo. Think often----as
is cash sale------and I believe we can turn that into a change of ownership
on your Gremlin! The other ' 73 Capri I'm keeping. While not as clean it has
a built 2.8 V6, Hooker Headers, Mallory dist., MSD, Offy intake and choice of
Holley 450 vac sec, or Edlebrock 600. Dual 2.5" exhaust with Flows
andcrossover. Lowered, new rack, 7.5" 4-spoke Americans w/ BFGs. A very
sanitary white engine bay. Interior out right now ready for 4-point cage with
braces to the shock/strut towers. Body shell has the usual rusty rear wheel
wells but I've located a set of rear group 4 type flares. I think that my
girlfriend has convinced me that the Pinto gets a 302 w/C-4. Thats when and
if the 2.0 ever decides to quit running. It already has 15" Fittapaldis
w/215/65-15 Michelins, KYB shocks but needs front Discs installed before it
goes any faster. I have a theory; well actually a hunch since I don't posess
a college degree; that the Pinto did not burst into flames like many of its
brethgeren as being a drum brake car it wouldn't stop fast enough to get rear
ended! Discs are coming from my old ' 76 Torino Sedan. They fit under the
Fittapaldis and the parts book shows one ball joint as the samew unit and the
other as being one digit off the Pinto unit so the chasnge over should not be
a problem. The Vega is all set for a 3.8 evenfire Buick V6. Tranny bell
housing has already been changed. Which ever carb does not land on the Capri
will do nicely in the Vega. The reliable always runs but I should sell it
vehicle is a ' 69 Toyota Corona 4dr 4spd w/50,000 orig. mi! Anyone
interested? Absolutely stock, clean, and documented. $2,000.00. If you have
some pics you can send of the "X-car" let me know and I'll give you a real US
Postal Service Address to mail them to. I have to move mom from Woodburn OR
to Phoenix AZ in about a month so if the car gods are with us I could
probably pick up the Gremlin on my way back to SF area. As you can tell, too
many projects so one has to leave before another can arrive both 'cause of
the $s thing but more for the space thing. Just think of the reactions that
the ole neighborhood will have to the ' 71 Pinto, ' 72 Vega, ' 73 Gremlin,
and ' 73 Capri all parked in front of the ole place! "He's gone absolutey
nuts I tell you! He was such a nice young man! I just don't understand what
could have happened!"
JUST DO IT!
DANA
aka orphanautos