1976 Gremlin X "Spirit of '76" FOR SALE

Hey guys --

I'm offering this here first before E-BAY.
If it doesn't sell I want to make it into a camper --
DOES ANYONE HAVE ONFO ON THE FACTORY ROOFTOP CAMPER OPTION?
Thanks!
--------

FOR SALE
'76 GREMLIN X
- "Spirit of '76 Edition"
- White exterior with "Spirit of '76" stripes
- Blue interior
- AC still works!
- Original AMC AM radio still works!
- 6 Cylinder w/ 3 speed auto

HISTORY:
This car has about 40,000 original miles! We believe we are the 3rd
owner. We bought it last year from the 2nd owner who only had it for
a year.
Both of us were going to give it to our respective kids for their
first car --
but the generation gap is dissing on us! the kids wants an import
(heavy sigh).
The original owner took very good care of the car -- rarely driving
it at all.

CONDITION:
The engine compartment is so Spartan -- it appears detailed -- yet it
is simply original and uncluttered.
All electrical (wipers, signals, lights) work except for fuel gauge
(may need new sensor?)
This car has never been in a wreck. Body is perfectly straight with
only 4 flaws;
1 & 2. Both doors have small rust hole in lower front corners.
3. Passenger side headlight door was broken during transfer.
(replacement piece included in sale)
4. Drivers seat material is starting to tear in bottom cushion.
Dashboard, headliner, all glass, latches,weatherstripping fine and
intact!
I have both original keys, one for ignition, the other for doors and
rear hatch.

REPAIRS:
I do not believe the 2nd owner had the car long enuff to effect any
maintenance.
These are the repairs we effected in preparing the car for our son's
birthday surprise:
1. New brakes, front and rear including shoes, bearings and cylinders
2. All fluids flushed, changed or topped off.
3. Rebuilt radiator at Pep Boys (Lifetime warranty).
4. Replaced water pump at Pep Boys.
5. New tires (Original AMC hub caps included!)
6. All new gaskets and seals (valve cover, transmission, differential)
THERE ARE NO LEAKS!

EXTRAS:
The car has a factory roof rack, (the long metal ridges style but I
located an original chromed roof wing to refinish and add at paint
shop.
(included in sale)
I also have a complete spare front grille with "X" emblem and orange
lights.
(included in sale)

FINAL NOTES:
The car is smogged, tagged and currently insured altho not currently
being used,
(It was supposed to be a present for our son).
The tranny is beginning to slip a bit.
I have priced a rebuild at a local shop @$380.
Other than the above I was prepared to take it into the paint shop
and have it redone in one of the shocking purple or screaming yellows
that I have seen in the online galleries.
This is a great car and is really fun to ride in.
We paid $1500 last year + approx. $1000 in repairs.
I was planning on spending another grand for the tranny and paint job
to finish it off.

If anyone is interested please call me at (310) 235-1926
or email me at THATJOEGUY@xxxx
Pictures are available here:
http://www.funnypaperz.com/1976gremlinforsale/albframe.htm

Please make me an offer -- I can also help with shipping/delivery
arrangements.
We are in the Los Angeles area.

Thanks!

Joe King