Re: 500 cu.in Cadd-O-Grem 540 stroker

I have a 500ci from a 76 eldo, so I have the HEI and the rear sump
pan. Im going to get aftermarket rockers and run(probably) the 455
Olds rods, so I can set my shift points at around 5200-5600 rpm's and
still be safe.
Im going to upgrade to Keith Black Hypo pistons and with the 120cc
heads, I'll mill the block a little for around 9.5 comp. Should be a
wild ride. HG

-- In gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Ferguson III"
<liberty_valence@xxxx> wrote:
> I actually prefer the guys at Maximum Torque Specialties:
> www.mts.simplenet.com is the site
> http://members.boardhost.com/BadCad/ is the BBS
>
> My de Ville is ~4400-4500lbs. Talk about a barge.......
>
> Advice: keep it under 5000RPM, unless you have WAY more money than
you know
> what to do with (and if so, donations are gladly accepted). Mine
has
> ~8.75:1 or 9:1 compression--I run 89-octane gas, but have to pull
out some
> timing to do so. For highway driving, I compensate with a CRAPLOAD
of
> vacuum advance (total is 55+ degrees at light-throttle cruise).
Also, if