Re: [gremlintime] My reasoning for getting disc brakes.

Re: [gremlintime] My reasoning for getting disc brakes.

Depending upon the value of the weight I would not remove it. You could rig
the drums up on a whell balancer to check them or possibly remove the weights
and have the drums rebalanced by lightening. Certainly I'd be carefull with
the second idea as its hard to find a safe place to drill holes that is far
enough away from center to have enough effect. Probably the best solution
other than disc conversion would be to move the weight to the outer
circumferance of the drum. Caution here thow as well because you certainly
don't need to have drum weights go flying off from centrifugal force. Hope
this helps.
DANA
aka orphanautos