Disc Brakes

I went back to the junk yard today to retrieve the disc brakes and the 79 spirit was long gone. high turnover rate at the pull n save.

However, I did find a 76? Hornet Sportabout with disc brakes. I wrestled with one side for about two hours and was not successful in removing the caliper or spindle. The caliber looked like it would weigh about as much as a Gremlin! Plus, it was unlike any caliper I've dealt with (granted, I'm no world class mechanic). Usually, they'll have one bolt towards either the front or the back which you remove, then you pivot on a post, and slide the caliper off. This didn't look anything like that, and doesn't look like the one in the 74 shop manual, which looks more like the one I described.

Would this one even work with a Gremlin? Would I even want it?
Thanks much.

Dave
72X