Air Deflector Question...

Hi Everyone,

I added a roof rack to my '77 last week thanks to some info I got
from this group, and now I've picked up an air deflector. The guy who
sent it to me took the two brackets off for shipping, and I notice
that they're different! On the bottom edge one has a longer clearance
notch than the other. Can someone take a look at theirs and tell me
which goes on the drivers side and which on the passengers? And does
anyone know why they're different?

Also, when I mount this on my roof, how far are the holes from the
back edge of the roof, and is it held down with just screws or are
there torx screws and rubber inserts like for the roof rack? Any help
is VERY much appreciated!

Thanks in advance, folks!