From: "Dave Kaunisto" <vangremlin@xxxx>
2. okay i have had it
From: "charger_413" <charger_413@xxxx>
3. Glass City AMC Show/ NATIONAL'S ???
From: "mrmopar00" <mrmopar00@xxxx>

_
Message: 1

From: "Dave Kaunisto" <vangremlin@xxxx>
Subject: Re: Blank
>From: "Brien Tourville" <hh7x@xxxx>
>To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [gremlintime] Blank

Chat with friends online,

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 16:15:13 -0000

Subject: okay i have had it

Message: 3

Subject: Glass City AMC Show/ NATIONAL'S ???

I just got back from the show. I was very dissappointed. Their was
not one Gremlin there!

Which AMC National's is the true national's??? I guess their is 3
or more different AMC National's! I'm a little confused.

I guess I'm use to MOPAR Nat's! There is only one and that it is
the way it has always been!

Olly

- . -

Olly - you're seeing that there are not many left of the
once numerous Gremlin Cars - so Represent !

They were designed as a disposable vehicle - akin to the
VW bugs at the time.

Undercoating was not applied effctively - they were rust
prone - MANY were cut up to be used as Saturday nite
dirt track racer bodies - for a few years it was nearly
TOTALLY Gremlins out there - 'The GREMLIN Races' -
as they were known .

Salvage yards held onto them for mostly their weirdness
& dirt track body values .

Two years ago I missed over a dozen in a yard nearby -
by a week. All were sent to the crusher - many were
restorable - others had perfect grilles etc .

Mobile crushers are worked by crews year round - they
prowl town to town on leads and tips - find a field of
cars - offer to clear them out for a few bucks paid on
the tonnage to the owner & that is all for the pancake stack.

SO - guess this ramble is about appreciation of what you
have - and some extra efforts needed now to find what
parts are left before they too are lost in the ever present
search for quick turnover space by Salvage yards.

Get those extras just in case :

Quarter panels - fenders - rockers - rear glass
- doors - trim - wheel covers or Factory Mags - AM Radios -
8 Tracks - seat trim - extra gauge panels - Tachs - arm rests -
interior plastic trim - door panels - alum. door sill covers - etc.

Rooster James has perfect quarter panels for a 1970 and 1974 .

Since no one responded - they will hit the scrap yard in a few weeks
if not sooner .

I purchased one cyl. head and have a dibs on the other as these are
the 'Performance Open Chamber' heads - best ones for Supercharging
or TurboCharging - 'sorta lika 'HEMI' HEAD - and these are becoming
in short supply .

Make a stash - and know that yours is one of a very few left .

Brien
1981 AMC
'milners coupe'

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Community email addresses:
Post message: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe: gremlintime-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/gremlintime
Gremlintime(Home of the AMC Gremlin on the WWW):
http://www.geocities.com/gremlintime