Re: [gremlintime] poor Gremmie

Many of the insurance companies that we checked out would only insure the
car for what they thought a 74 Gremlin was worth, not what a 74 fully
restored Gremlin was worth. Allstate was one of them that would insure at
restored value. They told us to get an appraisal done on the car & that is
what it would be worth. The problem was trying to find an appraiser for
cars that would give AMCs a fair appraisal. We thought that we had a fair
appraisal but the insurance company actually gave us twice what the car had
been appraised at.

Karla °o°