The dream of driving the GT to Kenosha dying a slow death...

The dream of driving the GT to Kenosha dying a slow death...

 Well, it's the weekend, almost, and nothing accomplished. DMV wasn't much
help today, either, I tried to re-register the car to drive it to emissions
testing, but I only get one extension, used up last year ; now I need a "
trip ticket" good for a few days, and ONLY to the exact shop. I didn't have
the address, and sometimes their machine isn't working, so what then? Darn
them! Guess I'll try to use the shop only 3 blocks from my house, and just
drop it off on Monday morning, if I even GET that far with it ( progress, not
the car!). My job asked me to work on Saturday, and I"m supposed to go to see
my parents one day this weekend, so I may just have to blow off driving the
GT and just take the gold 74. Ah well, my fault for procrastinating so long!
I'll try to fit in some time either tomorrow evening, or Sunday, or both.
Just not sure what I can do in such a short time now. I bought a new battery
for it last night, was hoping the rain would hold off, but no deal. It's
light now,maybe won't amount to too much, and I can still get some stuff done
on the car tonight. If not, oh well.
On the up side, I got my new trial contacts tonight, I'd given up on
wearing them years ago, got to be too much trouble, but thought I'd try the
newer ones now, as I needed my head ( er, eyes) examined anyway. Maybe I can
see clearer now to work harder on the Gremlin GT! LOL. Well, hope everyone
else has a good weekend. I'll be trying to desperately scramble to find time
and effort to still try to get the GT roadworthy. Maybe I'll take an extra
day to work on it on Tuesday, and leave a day later. Maybe. Well, all for
now, I'll "see" ya later,

Jerry in Virginia