thing-a-ma-robert (bob) under '78 Gremlin, gas tank vapor return hose...

thing-a-ma-robert (bob) under '78 Gremlin, gas tank vapor return hose...

 I was under the GT Saturday, looking for the air-sucking gas line, when I
spotted a device that isn't a fuel filter, but kinda looks like a galvanized
silver one, that seems to be inline with the charcoal cannister return line
to the gas tank. It was mounted in the rear wheel axle well, above the
pumpkin/pinion gear housing. What the heck is that little thingie, and what
does it do??? A one-way valve, maybe? Had one line in, one out. Just curious.

Jerry in Virginia