Kenosha Countdown : Gremlin GT running FINALLY...

Kenosha Countdown : Gremlin GT running FINALLY...

 Ok, so it took me two YEARS of procrastinating to get it running again.
Big deal. LOL. Hopefully, though, it won't take me two WEEKS to get it ready,
I'll have to bust hinny now to get it all done and get some test drivin' in
between now and when I plan to leave on the 23rd in 10 days.
Problems were as expected - simple to fix. Gas hose from line to fuel
pump rotted - fixed that quick. Carb replaced, swapped out base plate
though...car fires up and runs! Woo-hoo! Won't idle yet with foot off the
gas, but it IS running again. One BIG problem will be trying to get it thru
emissions with bad gas. The gauge is showing Full, I will be hating life if I
have to drain 20 stinkin' ( literally! ) gallons of gas. I undid the gas cap,
ew, rust everywhere! Damn. I bought a stainless steel battery terminal
cleaner, so it wouldn't spark, and cleaned it off good inside the gas tube,
using a shop vac to suck out as much rust flaking off as possible. Bought a
new cap, and installed. I also installed two fuel filters up front, a clear
one before the pump, and the regular one after. Hope to catch most of the
crud before it gets to the carb!
So, if I can get it to idle, I can hopefully drive it some this week, and
burn off some bad gas, replace what's left with good stuff, then get it
inspected and emissioned. I will check the brakes on Sunday, and swap out the
tires with the Pacer later on. I don't trust these Firestones, so they won't
make the trip with me. Darn. LOL.
Wish me luck, I have the good gold '74 to drive, but I want to take the
GT...I shouldn't have waited so long, but time, my new job, and other
"events" forced me to put it off ( mostly procrastination, but that's
me....last minute Jerry ). I'll keep the list updated on my "mission status",
with luck, I can drive the car to Wisconsin . Later, folks.

Jerry