Re: [gremlintime] Help

Hmmmm. You said you replaced the ignition control box--that would've been my first guess, too. You didn't say if you replaced the coil, though. If not, my guess is it's toast--works OK until it gets hot.

It could be the fuel pump, but I kind of doubt it.

Could be vapor lock--does the fuel line go near the exhaust, particularly the catalyst?

----Original Message Follows---- From: "twa1950" <twa1950@xxxx> Reply-To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [gremlintime] Help Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 18:54:38 -0000

Got a problem with my Gremlin that I need fixed before Wis. Car
starts and runs Ok but when you get it on the expressway and run it
for a couble of miles it will quit running when you exit. It will start
right back up but every time it quits when you exit the expressway.
Changed spark control box, replaced carb. with a rebuilt one from
autozone, and replaced rotor and distrib. cab. Any suggestions? I
thought sure it was the carb but since the second one is doing the
same thing I ruled that out. Could it be the fuel pump.
Any help would be apprecitated. By the way it is a 78 with the 232
engine. 71,000 miles. Thanks gang. Terry.