Good Gremlin driving day! Cruised 220 miles, no problems...

Good Gremlin driving day! Cruised 220 miles, no problems...

 I took the '74 out for a trip today, to my Richmond, VA based car club
meeting. It met with favorable reactions, I had a crowd of
Chevy/Hudson/Caddy/Ford people looking it over pretty good. No real jokes
about it, either! I let the Caddy owner take it for a spin, as he was hosting
the meeting, and had never driven one, but worked on some for the State years
and years ago, when the Gov't used them for business.
Just about all the club members brought old cars...Had a '66 Chevy SS
Impala convertible, a '65 Mustang coupe, a '54 Hudson 4-dr sedan Hornet with
Twin-H power, so it was pretty nice to see a diverse crowd of cars there.
The weather was cool and crisp, and it was fun to drive the Gremlin without
having to drop it into neutral to keep it from stalling like last year. I
don't have the choke adjusted right yet, it stalls when cold, but that's
minor. Had to rub some rust off the brakes, it had sat all winter, had some
minor grinding for a few miles, but it wore off soon enough. :) The Bronze
beauty kept up with the 70 mph traffic well enough, the AM radio brought me
some respite from boredom ( if driving a Gremlin can be described as
"boring", LOL! ). Ok, tediousness of driving amongst all those Accura's and
SUVs. :)
Did get some leads on other Gremlins, there's 3 for sale in the Richmond
area, a '77, a '76, and a '74. The Caddy man said he'd heard of a 304-powered
Gremlin for sale in the same ad mag, but I didnt' find it, so will have to
see if he can find it, or I'll search further in the ads to see if I missed
it.
Also, his daughter said some friends of hers were using an old Rambler
convertible to learn to drive around in on their Dad's farm, and were tearing
it up some in the process. ARGH! I told her I WANT THAT CAR....maybe I can
get it before they destroy it too much, if their Dad will part with it. I can
always trade some of the ones I have to them to learn on. :) Matador sedan,
'57 Chevy, 280ZX, etc. So, that wasn't a happy thing to find out, but still
and all, it was a good AMC weekend ( I got to drive mine. ). Hopefully, I"ll
have time this week to work on the GT now, and the sunroof Gremlin. Well,
time for bed, goodnight all!

Jerry in Woodbridge, VA