Re: [gremlintime] Iron Dukes and other motors

Re: [gremlintime] Iron Dukes and other motors

As the owner of a '75 "X" w/ a factory installed, though far from stock 304
with levis package, and a '99 ram air ragtop I see both sides here.

Let's face it, the duke was no one's GM engine of choice. However, it is
what AMC used and makes the car "Original and "Stock "

On the other hand, My high school years were filled with more then my fair
share of around town race losses to everything from '63 6 banger plymouth's
to vega's. ( Sounding pretty dated here huh) What wins I made had far more
more to do with a 17 year old's lack of feel for his own morality then AMC
engineering excellence.

But whatever the engine, Gremlin's are a truly unique part of a unique
company. I wonder given the retro craze with prowlers, cruisers, and t-
birds( OH MY) what the '02 AMC line up would look like (Close your eyes a
minute and boggle the mind!)

Any gremlin is a statement by the owner of an appreciation of individuality,
the confidence to enjoy
a truly special machine without the need for applause from AMX and Javelin
owners ( Nice folks tho they are)

So why not let everyone enjoy their machines, keep 'em clean and runnin' and
if you MUST yank your engine, 350's or 401's both look REALLY neat under
those under rated hoods !