Re: [gremlintime] windshield removal

I'd let them pull it. In fact, I wouldn't bother--I'd just get a new windshield. Used ones are usually pitted.

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Fredrick Burns" <fburns@xxxx> Reply-To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: <gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [gremlintime] windshield removal Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 09:04:54 -0800

Needing an opinion or two please....I finally found a replacement windshield for my daily driver '74 grem and the glass is still on a '72 hornet at a wrecker's yard...only thing is I have never removed a windshield before.
If I pull it myself the glass costs about $22 US, and if I get them to pull it I pay about $56. My instincts are telling me to let them do it as I might end up cracking the glass...it is still a deal at $56, right? and there is a gremmie there that i can score a spare hatch window and quarter windows by myself, also cheaply priced :-)
Thanks for your help!

Freddie
2x '74 GremX304s