Re: old windshields vs. new, pulling old...

Re: old windshields vs. new, pulling old...

I agree about pulling used windshields. Many years ago, I needed one
for my hornet and proceeded to bust every single Gremlin and Hornet
windshield at the local wreckers! @#$%&*! ....ken

--- In gremlintime@xxxx, Gremlingts@xxxx wrote:
> Well, I'd let the yard do it...but , are you going to install
it? If you
> aren't, a new windshield installed is about $140 around Virginia,
and you'll
> pay about 40-70 bucks for someone to install yours, and if they
break it
> while installing it, they won't guarantee it or replace it ( it's a
used,
> brittle windshield, and they DO age ). Personally, I'd get a new
one, they
> are available, I believe they're the same as Eagles, we went thru
this thread
> on the main AMC list awhile back. Besides, the rock chips on it will
cause
> annoying glare, so unless it's a low mileage car in premo shape, or
you just
> can't find a new 'shield locally, I'd opt to pay more and get a new
one.
> Some things aren't worth the hassle of saving a few bucks over.
> Say, what other parts are on that Gremlin? is it an early 71-72
model? I
> need a new grill for my '71. You mention a '72 Hornet as
well...fenders are
> the same as early Gremlins. Are they in good shape? I need those
too. You're
> probably in Alaska or something , too far for me to go ( I'm in
Virginia ) .