Re: Car Craft mag offered FREE Gremlin...LOL!

Re: Car Craft mag offered FREE Gremlin...LOL!

 Ok, I sent off an Email to Car Craft magazine, offering to donate my '76
project Gremlin if they'd do an article on a 304 or 360 or Jeep late-model
V-8 upgrade or mods. What the heck, no one wants to buy it for $250 with
title, so I've offered it up in the hopes of getting some "national"
attention with it. Who knows, they may go for it! :) I know you can buy
prettier Gremlins that are complete for about double what I want, but for the
parts alone, it's worth the money. Oh well, maybe I'll get a response, other
than the auto-Email back I receive not 1 minute after I E'd it off to them.
:) Time will tell.
Whats this about the other AMC Gremlin list on Yahoo getting ugly? I
don't check it much lately, as it HAS been dead ( but then again, this list
is pretty dead too recently ), so I won't give up on it.
Well, looks like Virginia will get some much-needed rain over this
weekend, as we're 13 inches deficit of rain ( so my birthday will be wet,
and nothing done on the Gremlins again..sigh ). Such is life. I am planning
my garden, though, and still am thinking of doing an AMC flag flowerbed ,
with red,white, and blue flowers in the familiar logo pattern. I bought a Ph
tester to check my weedy lawn out, see what it may need. I am thinking of
doing some AMC fender ornaments in flowers, too, like a Gremlin and Hornet,
and a Javelin target. Those may come later, I better not get TOO ambitious,
as I'm usually a procrastinator that gets very little done anyway. But I DID
buy the seeds and the testers today, so the planning is underway! :) Can't
believe I'm a car nut, and now thinking of gardening ( guess maybe being 42
has something to do with it? :) ) I never thought I'd care much about yard
work, but I guess one's life perspective changes as one ages. And I AM
getting tired of mowing those darned weeds ( er, I mean lawn ). Sure would be
nice to have a well-designed perennial flower garden to admire from my rear
deck. I have lots of things I'd like to do. Maybe at least I can do some of
this this year, and make the back yard prettier ( and hide my cars from the
nasty AMC-haters next door, those VW-driving fools! ) Well, enough
wet-weather ranting, guess I'll go dream up my garden, and see if I can hit
the lottery tonite with my new "system". AMC ya later!

Jerry in Virginia, seven Gremlin children begging for attention still...