Jeep / Buick 350 V-8 motor ?...bolt up to AMC Gremlin tranny?

Jeep / Buick 350 V-8 motor ?...bolt up to AMC Gremlin tranny?

 Hey, I have been chatting with a guy in Michigan who can't find a decent
360 for his Gremlin, but he has found two Wagoneers which have the Buick 350
V-8, and he was wondering if it'd bolt up to the stock Gremlin tranny. I have
no idea, don't know if the bolt pattern is changed to meet AMC, or vice
versa. Any help? He is leery of making enemies of the AMC community by
putting a non-AMC motor in, but hey, it's ALREADY in an AMC Jeep, so whats
the big deal? I think they came in 70 and '71 models. He's got a '74 Gremlin
that came stock with 258 / auto. Can't find any other sources where he's at
for AMC V-8 power, so far, and like most of us, can't afford a couple grand
for a rebuilt unit, needs to scrounge for used stuff. So, if anyone can help
me out, I'd appreciate it, and I'll pass it on to him. I knew about the V-6
Buick motors, but didn't realize they'd used the 350 V-8 unit of Buick as
well. Larn sumthin' new ever' day....

Jerry and the Seven Gremlins ( my hair IS getting snow-white, too)