Re: [gremlintime] Digest Number 476

Hi Gremlinologist's. I have started stripping down the
1970 for it's rebirth at the body shop. the entire
interior is out and the 199 engine and tranny are
ready to come out. I had a hell of a time trying to
get the headliner out in one peice! It is unique
compared to even my 1971 in that, it has a waffle
pattern of squares about 1/2" all over it. Imagine
trying to handle a four foot by five foot slice of
stale bread! This thing is cardboard AND old AND Big.
@#$%^&*

I took a series of good digital pictures of the air
conditioning system and made a good schematic of all
the connections before removing any of it. If anyone
out there REALLY wants A/C, this would be the unit to
install. The complete installation would only take a
few hours excluding the charging.

I did try it while driving 700 miles home with it and
it sure SEEMED to blow cold air (It's hard to test A/C
in January). It did have a charge of something in it
because when I disconnected the first hose, I got shot
first with gas, then clear liquid, then some frothy
brown stuff like high pressure shaving cream.

After 25 years, being under the hood of this car seems
like yesterday. I always knew what size wrench to grab
even for a bolt that was out of sight. Somehow, even
the bloody knuckles fealt good that day! Why does
working on cars always make your knuckles bleed? Maybe
it's a Canadian thing. You slip with the wrench, swear
repeatedly till it feels better, and only later, when
your hands warm up and someone comes to the garage
with their new baby pictures, does it start squirting.
Probably the cold. You deffinitely discover all the
little wounds when you scrub your hands with warm
water and powdered "Tide"! OWWWWCH @#$%^&* :o( :-)

I removed the plywood glovebox door and I can't
imagine staring at this dark hole for the rest of my
life.
I could swap over the entire section of dash from one
of the new high-tech 71, 72, etc, Gremlins BUT, if
this car was built in the second month of Gremlin
evolution, I would much rather find a proper, flat
door. Money is no object up to $19.99!!! Help!

Enjoy ...Ken