Re: [gremlintime] Re: [Gary's prob] and My own issues

on 1/17/02 11:24 AM, Matt Geiger at lunchpuck@xxxx wrote:

> The other day my brake light came on and I checked the master cyl and the
> fluid level was fine...and the brakes have no other symptoms...anyone know
> why the light would come on?

Matt,

The light is on for a reason. Check the brake system for problems.

You need to check the brake line pressure differetial warning switch. It is
located on the fire wall on the passengers side down by the frame. It is
where all the lines for the brakes come together. You need to have
equalized pressure for the front and the back brakes.

Once the switch is triggered the light will come on. You need to reset the
plunger in the differetial warning switch. Check to see if you are leaking
fluid at the wheels or in the lines. Find a repair manual. A repair shop
may even let you look at one. It will show you the steps to reset the
switch. This is the same on most older cars.

Matt