Brake drum weight solution

The first thought I had was, why not update to disc brakes from a newer car. I used 81 concord ones on my 72 304x (don't forget the pro portioning valve). But if you do want to keep the drums, every drum is balanced different so removing the weights will give you a vibration.Try some of the ones from the parts stores they may not have the weights on them. You could look at the junk yards and try to find ones without weights on them as some did not need weights ( very rare).good luck.
Terry A Shields
246 Old Indiana RD
Blairsville PA 15717
ABBOTT@xxxx